Imagine spending time in Italy's most beloved locations without the higher costs and bigger crowds associated with busy travel season. Join us on a cultural and culinary adventure of Southern Italy's wonderful gems. Start with a stroll in Sorrento, one of the most beautiful settings facing the Bay of Naples; travel to the Adriatic coastal resort of Trani; and overnight in the Apulian capital of Bari on the heel of Italy's 'boot.' Be sure to sample the local focaccia after your tour of St. Nicolas' Church! In Alberobello, take a tour of the traditional Trullo houses-whitewashed, circular homes, with classic conical roofs. Admire the lacy stone buildings and baroque squares of Lecce, and visit the Duomo and Santa Croce Basilica to understand why Lecce is called the 'Florence of the South.' A scenic drive brings you to the rocky outcrop of Matera-a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit Casa Grotto to learn all about the Sassi houses, thought to be among the first human settlements in Italy.Continue your Italian vacation to the charismatic Naples, birthplace of Neapolitan pizza. Here, enjoy guided sightseeing, which includes a visit to the fascinating Archaeological Museum. Join us in the off season and escape to Southern Italy's off-the-beaten-path locales.
Call 1 8003707400 e x t 32 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15832571
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Sorrento||Welcome to Sorrento! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Sorrento's excellent restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||Sorrento||On an orientation walk with your Tour Director see the Old Town's characteristic lava-stone streets and the Sedil Dominova building, the ancient bell tower, and Sant'Antonino Church dedicated to Sorrento's patron saint. (B)|
|Day 3||Bari||Travel from the Tyrrhenian coast to the Adriatic coast and stop in the seaside resort of Trani before arriving in Bari, capital of Apulia, in the heel of Italy's 'boot.'Today's Distance: 236 mi / 380 km (B)|
|Day 4||Bari||Discover BARI VECCHIA, the city's oldest district, on a pleasant walk with a Local Guide. Visit stunning SAN NICOLA'S CHURCH and taste [LF] a delicious focaccia. Next is Alberobello, where a Local Guide will take you for a walking tour and a visit to a traditional TRULLO-a whitewashed, stone, circular house with a pinnacled, conical roof. Return to Bari.Today's Distance: 81 mi / 130 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Lecce||Drive further south past Brindisi, which was the end of the Appian Way from where the Romans went to Greece. Arrive in Lecce and meet your Local Guide to admire the lacy stone buildings and baroque squares during your walking tour. Visit the DUOMO, a masterpiece of Baroque art, and SANTA CROCE BASILICA. Discover why this city is called the 'Florence of the South.'Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km (B)|
|Day 6||LECCE-MATERA||A scenic morning drive along the coastline of the Gulf of Taranto brings you to Matera, a city on a rocky outcrop, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a guided walking tour, and visit CASA GROTTA to learn all about the sassi houses, which are thought to be among the first human settlements in Italy.Today's Distance: 149 mi / 240 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Naples||Enjoy the scenery as you drive towards Naples. This bustling city is full of atmosphere and history. It is also famous for its gastronomic specialties including pizza, which was invented here.Today's Distance: 162 mi / 260 km (B)|
|Day 8||Naples||Discover the major sites of this fascinating city during your guided sightseeing this morning. See the remarkable Triumphal Arch of the New Castle, St. Charles Theater, Galleria Umberto, and the semicircular Piazza Plebiscito. Highlight is a visit to the ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM with a collection of treasures from Herculaneum and Pompeii. This evening, a farewell dinner is prepared for you to celebrate your Southern Italy Escape. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Naples||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips tinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.