Brochure Type: 2021-2022 Worldwide
A master of modernity and steward of tradition, Japan delights and surprises with neon-lit highstreets, ancient temples and boundless natural beauty. Meet knowledgeable locals, see iconic sites, taste exotic flavours and wonder at Mother Nature, as you journey via bullet train from cutting-edge cities to unexplored wildernesses in luxurious comfort.
- Kyoto: Enjoy a performance by a Maiko, an apprentice Geisha, as you savour a Highlight Lunch of traditional Kyo-Kaiseki cuisine made of seasonal ingredients.
- Tokyo: During a Your Choice Evening choose from two hand-picked restaurants, each specialising in local delicacies. Try Shabu-shabu which are hotpots of meat and vegetables or Teppan-yaki where rice, meats and vegetables are freshly cooked on a grill.
- Tokyo: Participate in a private sushi-making class in Tokyo and discover why it takes ten years to perfect this 2000-year-old Japanese art before sitting down to a freshly prepared Highlight Lunch.
- Sendai: Enjoy a famous tea ceremony and watch as they show you the traditional art of making matcha green tea.
- Tokyo: Celebrate with your new found friends at Hoshinonaruki, and enjoy a fine dining experience where tradition meets innovation. Using old Japanese culinary techniques and seasonal ingredients this is a dining experience that brings Japanese cuisine to life.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 9 Lunches (L) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Osaka: Discover why Osaka is known as the kitchen of Japan on a stroll through Donburi street with a Local Expert. Taste local specialities such as rounds of ground octopus wrapped in batter, called Takoyaki.
- Osaka: A beautiful testament to traditional Japanese architecture, Osaka Castle is one of the most iconic landmarks in Japan. Explore the 5 story castle, each level home to a variety of artefacts showcasing Osaka's extensive history.
- Bullet Train: Experience travelling like a local as you ride the high-speed bullet train. Catch views of mountains and quaint Japanese towns as you journey between each city.
- Hiroshima: Visit the emotive Hiroshima peace memorial park.
- Hiroshima Join in the paper crane making and learn about the meaning behind this symbol for peace.
- Kyoto: Join in the sight-seeing in Kyoto with your Travelling Concierge and discover this hubs ancient culture.
- Kyoto: Discover this hub of ancient tradition and culture. Visit the Zen Buddhist temple of Kinkaku-ji, and embark on a walking exploration of the vibrant Gion neighbourhood, known as Kyoto's Geisha district.
- Kyoto: Visit the famous Giouji Temple one of the most scenic spots of this area, overlooking the moss covered grotto.
- Kyoto: Enjoy a short walk in the bamboo forest, a most magical experience.
- Kyoto: Join your Travelling Concierge for an orientation of Gion neighbourhood known as Kyoto's geisha district.
- Tokyo: Visit the Senso-ji Temple, the oldest temple in Japan.
- Tokyo Join in the exploration of Nakamise Street and Kappabashi the local backstreet known as the foodie hub.
- Kawaguchi: Be captivated by the peacefulness of Lake Kawaguchi and explore the sights.
- Mt Fuji: Visit the Icchiku Art Museum and see traditional kimono displays.
- Sendai: Join a private cruise along the dazzling Matsushima Bay.
- Matsushima Bay: Meet the owner of a traditional Japanese inn and learn about their life.
- Hirosaki Castle: Visit the Hirosaki Castle and admire the surrounding park grounds. In spring the grounds are decorated with flowering cherry blossom trees.
- Hirosaki: Learn about the meticulous care and nurturing of cherry blossom trees from a cherry blossom doctor who ensures all cherry blossoms, from saplings to mature trees are healthy and thriving during the beautiful cherry blossom season.
- Tsugaru han Neputa Village: See the colourful decorations for the summer Neputa Festival and witness a private musical performance of Tsugaru Shamisen and Taiko, traditional Japanese guitar and drumming.
- Oirase Gorge: Join in a gentle nature walk through Hachimantai National Park.
- Tokyo: Join in panoramic sight-seeing of Tokyo, explore Ginza the shopping district also known as the Champs- Elysees of Tokyo.
- Osaka: With over 100 years of hospitality experience, this five-star Imperial Hotel Osaka places you along the Okawa River in the heart of vibrant Osaka. Stay in the midst of one of Japan's best cherry-blossom-viewing locations and enjoy a range of state-of-the-art facilities, including a luxury spa and fine-dining restaurants.
- Kyoto: Hotel Granvia Kyoto is more than a modern hotel located in the heart of Kyoto as it features over a thousand modern and traditional artworks by local, Kyoto-based artists.
- Tokyo: The grand Imperial Hotel Tokyo has welcomed royalty, heads of state and celebrities for over 120 years. Stay within walking distance of Tokyo's most iconic attractions and enjoy award-winning dining, flawless Japanese hospitality and five-star facilities.
- Sendai: Old-world elegance and modern comforts combine to make the luxurious Westin Sendai an ideal oasis in the heart of the city, within your Superior Rooms.
- Oirase Gorge: Exclusively situated moments away from the serene Oirase Keiryu stream, this luxurious resort hotel offers spacious bedrooms, five-star facilities and easy access to natural hot springs situated in the nearby forest.
- Hiroshima: Be a part of a truly poignant travel experience, as you meet a survivor of the 1945 Hiroshima atomic bomb, which destroyed most of the city during World War II and changed world history forever.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train travel and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call 1 8003707400 e x t 32 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15114061
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Osaka||Welcome to Osaka, Japan!: On arrival at Kansai or Itami airport, you will be welcomed and taken to your five-star hotel situated in the heart of the city, where there is time to relax. Your Travelling Concierge can be found at a Welcome desk on the ground floor between 16:00 and 18:00 for any questions or concerns you may have. At 19:00, meet your Travelling Concierge and travel companions at the hotel's Rainbow Lounge for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy stunning views over Osaka while you enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine including tempura and sushi. (Dinner with Wine)|
Imperial Hotel Osaka.
|Day 2||Osaka||Highlights of Osaka.: Situated in the heart of Japan where rivers and sea routes converge, Osaka is a hub of cutting-edge architecture, exotic flavours and laid-back locals. Today you will discover the city's highlights, starting with a visit to the top of the Floating Garden Observatory in the Umeda Sky Building for incredible city views. Then, together with your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers, discover why Osaka is known as the kitchen of Japan as you stroll along Dotonbori Street with a Local Expert and try local specialities such as Takoyaki, a local favourite made of wheat flour based batter and filled with minced or diced octopus. In the afternoon, enjoy a visit to Osaka Castle, one of Japan's most famous landmarks, before enjoying a two course lunch near the castle. With the evening at leisure, ask your Travelling Concierge for local recommendations to explore this exotic city further. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Imperial Hotel Osaka.
|Day 3||A Local Perspective on Hiroshima||A Local Perspective on Hiroshima.: Experience Japanese technology at its best as you journey to Hiroshima station on the Shinkansen bullet train. On arrival, explore the UNESCO World heritage Site of Peace Memorial Park and Museum, the only structure left standing after the first atomic bomb was dropped during World War II. The bomb was the single-most destructive force ever created by humankind and changed the course of history forever. During your visit, meet a survivor who will share insights into this dark chapter of world history. For lunch you will be treated to traditional Japanese savoury pancakes known as Okonomiyaki, a dish typical of the region. Your journey continues by bullet train to Kyoto, known for thousands of years as the Imperial capital of Japan. After you check in to your centrally located hotel the rest of the evening is yours. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Hotel Granvia Kyoto.
|Day 4||Kyoto||The Temples and Geisha of Kyoto.: Kyoto is Japan's geisha capital, and during your city tour with your Travelling Concierge you will discover why this is the hub of ancient tradition and culture. Marvel at the Zen Buddhist temple of Kinkakuji, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and see its famed Golden Pavilion to appreciate its classic architecture, intricate history and expansive gardens. Visit the famous Giouji Temple, situated on a majestic grove of bamboos and maple trees, where you'll learn about local folklore and explore the temple's thatched hut and walk through the indigenous bamboo forest. Savour a Highlight Lunch of traditional Kyo-Kaiseki cuisine made of seasonal ingredients, whilst you enjoy a performance by a Maiko, an apprentice geisha. Central to Kyoto culture, geisha are highly-skilled entertainers, specializing in classical music, dance, conversation and games. This fine art has evolved over many centuries and today attracts visitors from around the world. Embark on a walk around the vibrant Gion neighbourhood, known as Kyoto's primary geisha district. With free time to explore for the rest of the evening, perhaps enjoy the local teahouses, lantern-lit restaurants and bars or simply absorb the electric atmosphere, as you shop for souvenirs. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Hotel Granvia Kyoto.
|Day 5||Tokyo||Mt Fuji and Onto Tokyo.: Board the bullet train to Mishima and continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mount Fuji. On arrival, enjoy spectacular views of this UNESCO World Heritage Site as you enjoy lunch made of fresh, seasonal ingredients at a local restaurant. Then, visit Lake Kawaguchi where you will be captivated by the flawless reflections of the mountain. In the afternoon, explore Mt Fuji Your Way with a choice between a visit to the Icchiku Kubota Art Museum with its unique works of art, traditional architecture and seasonal gardens or climb aboard the Kachi-Kachi yama ropeway for amazing views of the mountain. Travel to Tokyo and check in to your hotel for the evening at leisure. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Imperial Hotel Tokyo.
|Day 6||Tokyo||Explore Traditional Tokyo.: Tokyo is an economic powerhouse and home to national museums, festivals, theatres and sacred temples. This morning, visit the Tokyo National Museum, one of the largest art museums in the world. Continue to the Meiji Jingu Shrine and enjoy walking through the serene gardens. Then, try your hand at making sushi with the highest quality fish and discover why it takes ten years to become a Master Sushi Chef, before sitting down to a delightful Highlight Lunch. With time at leisure, why not enjoy time exploring Ginza, known as the Champs-Elysees of Tokyo. During a Your Choice Evening, you're in for a true local experience with the choice of two hand-picked restaurants, each specialising in local delicacies. You may try either Shabu-shabu which are hotpots of meat and vegetables or Teppanyaki where rice, meats and vegetables are freshly cooked on a grill. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Imperial Hotel Tokyo.
|Day 7||Sendai||Journey to Sendai.: Journey north by bullet train, your destination is the Sendai, known as the City of Trees. This is a true locals region, off-the-beaten path and away from the tourist crowds. For lunch meet the owner of a local inn on one of the many islands in the bay to enjoy local seafood and hear stories from a local with insights in to life on the island. Enjoy a private cruise along the dazzling Matsushima Bay, taking in views of countless pine-covered islands. The bay has often featured in Japanese poetry since ancient times. Seasonal tea ceremonies date back a thousand years and play an important part in Japanese culture, they are central to good hospitality. This afternoon, experience this for yourself when you visit a traditional teahouse and learn how to prepare the perfect cup of Matcha Green Tea. Continue to your five-star hotel where the evening is at your leisure. Perhaps sign up for a massage at the in-house spa or discover how Kokubuncho comes to life at night time? (Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Westin Sendai (Superior Rooms).
|Day 8||Oirase Gorge||Tsugaru and Hirosaki Castle.: Journey to Shin-Aomori Station via bullet train. On arrival, enjoy lunch at Neputa Village. Visit Hirosaki Castle, famous for its bright cherry blossom trees that bloom between April and May. Meet a cherry blossom doctor, who will explain how his team nurture these beautiful trees from sapling to maturity and ensure all the cherry blossoms of the region are strong, healthy and able to thrive during the cherry blossom season. As you explore the Tsugaru han Neputa Village you will see the colourful decorations used during the summer Neputa Festival and watch skilled craftsman at work, they spend month lacquering to create the perfect chopsticks. You then enjoy a special Experience, a private musical performance of Tsugaru Shamisen and Taiko, traditional Japanese guitar and drumming. Your journey continues to Oirase Gorge, one of Japan's most-revered nature havens. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Hoshino Resorts Oirase Keiryu Hotel, Oirase Gorge.
|Day 9||Oirase||Exploring Oirase.: Explore the spectacular Oirase Gorge, a place of special scenic beauty. Wander along the crystal-clear Oirase Keiryu stream, admire the cascading waterfalls and marvel at the seasonal colours of the indigenous forest. Return to the hotel for lunch made with local and seasonal ingredients. After a day of exploring, perhaps experience a soul-soothing Onsen, a traditional Japanese hot bath, in the nearby forest. For those wanting something more flavoursome, journey to a local brewery to taste Japan's national drink, sake, an alcoholic beverage made from fermenting rice. You will meet Takumi Sato, a sake brew master and have an insider tour of his brewery. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Hoshino Resorts Oirase Keiryu Hotel, Oirase Gorge.
|Day 10||Tokyo||The Highlights of Tokyo.: Return to Tokyo via bullet train for your last night in this intriguing city. Visit the Senso-ji Buddhist Temple, the oldest and most-visited temple in Japan, wander along the famous Nakamise Street and explore Kappabashi, a local back-street known as Tokyo's foodie hub. This evening you will celebrate with your new found friends at Hoshinonaruki, a fine dining experience where tradition meets innovation. Using old Japanese culinary techniques and seasonal ingredients, this is a dining experience that brings Japanese cuisine to life. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Imperial Hotel Tokyo.
|Day 11||Japan||Farewell Japan.: Bid farewell to your travel companions and head to Narita or Haneda International Airport for your onward journey. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Luggage: You will require a smaller, overnight bag for 1 night in Sendai. Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 24 guests. (07 Mar, 14 Mar, 28 Mar, 04 Apr and 11 Apr) These departures will stay at Hakkoda Hotel in lieu of Hoshino Resorts Oirase Keiryu Hotel in Oirase Gorge.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class