Iceland including the Blue Lagoon Summer 2020
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2020
Roam through desolate landscapes and past natural wonders, following in the footsteps of Vikings - from quirky Reykjavik to lunar landscapes, bubbling mudpots and the healing waters of the Blue Lagoon.
- ORIENTATION of Reykjavik
- VISIT Akranes Museum Centre and the 'Golden Circle' (Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Hot Spring Area and Thingvellir National Park)
- VIEW Harpa Concert Hall, Austurvollur Square, Hallgrimskirkja Church, Waterfalls at Hraunfoss and Barnafoss, Deildartunguhver Hot Spring, Snaefellsnes Peninsula (Stykkisholmur, Arnarstapi, Snaefelljsokull National Park and Borgarnes), Sellfoss and Reykjanes Peninsula (Strandarkikja and Grindavik)
- SEE HvalfjorÃ°ur (Whale Bay), GrundarfjorÃ°ur Fishing Village, Lake Kleifarvatn and Krysuvik
- SCENIC CRUISE of Breidafjordur Bay
- 5 breakfasts
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 1 8003707400 e x t 32 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14623823
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Reykjavik||Arrive Reykjavik: Your epic journey through lush lava fields and the windswept landscapes of Iceland begins in the quirky capital of Reykjavik. The northernmost capital of the world seems infused with vivid colour, from the bustling byway of Laugavegur to the enthusiasm of the city's friendly locals. Spend time exploring Iceland's Viking heritage, pay tribute to the sun and snap a selfie in front of The Sun Voyager or stroll around the lively Old Harbour before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your love affair with Iceland.|
|Day 2||Borgarnes||Reykjavik - Reykholt - Borgarnes (2 Nights): Explore the small capital city of Reykjavik on a sightseeing tour this morning. View all the city's major attractions including the Parliament, the Harpa Concert Hall, and the city's main landmark, the Hallgrimskirkja Church, perched at the top of a hill in the heart of the city. Leave the city behind and travel through the undersea tunnel HvalfjorÃ°r to Akranes, whose local Museum Centre you'll have an opportunity to visit before enjoying views of the rugged coastline from the town's lighthouse. View Deildartunguhver, Europe's highest-flowing hot spring, where you could choose to bathe in healing glacial waters as part of an Optional Experience. Then, head to Reykholt, famously the former 13th-century home of one of Iceland's most loved authors, Snorri Sturluson. Nature takes centre stage this afternoon, when you view Hraunfoss and nearby Barnafoss, both beautiful waterfalls in their own right and a soul-stirring way to end your day.|
|Day 3||Stykkisholmur and Snaefellsnes Peninsula Excursion||Stykkisholmur and Snaefellsnes Peninsula Excursion: Viking 'sushi' is on the menu today as you head to Stykkisholmur where you'll 'Dive Into Culture' when you board a cruise past the tiny coves and islets of Breidafjordur Bay. Sample fresh seafood pulled straight from the waters of the bay, before heading along the rugged shores of Snaefellsnes Peninsula, whose geological wonders you'll get to explore later. See pretty fishing villages and admire your serene surrounds, characterised by lava fields, volcanoes, glaciers, springs, and yellow and black sand beaches. The main attraction for your viewing pleasure is Snaefellsjokull glacier, a beautifully shaped stratovolcano at the very end of the peninsula. The glacier is also known as the location for Jules Verne's novel 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'. Return to your hotel in Borgarnes, where tonight you'll join your travel companions for dinner at your hotel.?|
|Day 4||Selfoss||Thingvellir National Park - Gullfoss - Geysir - Selfoss: Mother Nature's magic touch can be seen around every turn on today's exploration of Iceland's 'Golden Circle'. Visit the 'Golden Waterfall' of Gullfoss, saved at the turn of the last century by the tenacity of a farmer's daughter who threatened to throw herself into its depths if it was developed for hydroelectric power. Then, head to the world-famous hot spring area of Geysir and see Strokkur shoot a spectacular plume of water and steam high into the air. You'll see first-hand how the movements of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates have carved into the earth's crust, in the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, before stopping at Efstidalur Dairy Farm for a quick ice cream tasting. This evening, 'Connect With Locals' with a local storyteller and her songwriter husband, and delve into their colourful family history, then join them for an exclusive 'Be My Guest' dinner. Continue to Selfoss later, where you'll stay overnight.|
|Day 5||Reykjavik||Selfoss - Reykjanes - Blue Lagoon - Reykjavik: You can almost feel the Earth simmering under the surface as you journey across Reykjanes Peninsula, a UNESCO Global Geopark. This is the only place in the world where the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is visible above sea level. View Strandarkikja and let some of its legendary powers bring you good luck. Then, watch as sulphurous steam emerges from the lunar landscapes surrounding Lake Kleifarvatn. Continue to Grindavik - its long-standing fishing heritage visible in the harbour. 'Dive Into Culture' at the world-famous Blue Lagoon (please remember to pack your swimwear), whose steaming turquoise waters are said to have healing powers. For an extra special treat, rub some of the lagoon's famous silica-mud on your skin and enjoy a sauna with lagoon views. This evening, we reminisce over the myths and legends we've encountered along the way, during a Farewell Dinner with newfound friends and your Travel Director.|
|Day 6||Reykjavik||Depart Reykjavik: For now, it's time to say a fond farewell to Iceland after an unforgettable trip. Transfers are provided to Keflavik airport. Conditions apply.|
- Special Rate Solo Rooming: Departures 03 May and 10 May will include 20 - 100% discount on our standard single supplement. Please see trafalgar.com for pricing.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class