Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2019
Stroll along Pont du Gard, soak up the sun-kissed charm of St. Tropez and Monaco, and meet the widow of Pierre Salinger, special advisor to John F. Kennedy, over a home-cooked meal.
- WALKING TOUR in Paris with a Local Specialist
- CITY TOUR in Arles
- ORIENTATION of Paris, Beaune, Lyon, Aix-en-Provence, Monaco and Avignon
- VISIT Pont du Gard and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- CRUISE to St. Tropez
- VIEW Place Bellecour and the Basilica of Notre Dame in Lyon, the Royal Palace and Cathedral in Monaco and the Palace of the Popes in Avignon
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest) with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- TGV Express train between Paris and Avignon.
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 1 8003707400 e x t 32 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14385224
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Arrive Paris (2 Nights): Discover romance, sophistication and French joie de vivre in Paris - the launch pad to a memorable journey through the French countryside. Explore the grand boulevards and winding lanes of the City of Lights, before meeting your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Reception. We take to the streets this evening to see some of the city's most iconic sights, including the Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe, standing in all its glorious splendour for you to admire.Welcome Reception|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 2||Paris||Paris Sightseeing and Free Time: Join a Local Specialist to delve into the hidden squares and secret lanes of a Paris not normally frequented by tourists. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral then soak up the authentic atmosphere and local day-to-day life of the Parisians as you stroll through historic neighbourhoods. Spend your evening embracing the pageantry of Paris and perhaps experience a traditional Parisian Cabaret.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Lyon||Paris - Beaune - Lyon: Journey through the picture-perfect Burgundy wine region and stop in its walled regional capital, Beaune - most famous for the colourful geometric-tiled Hotel-Dieu. We continue to the gastronomic capital of Lyon, where we spend the night. Discover the historic treasures of its well-preserved Old Town or perhaps indulge in delicious Beaujolais flavours in a local bouchon - the choice is yours.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||French Riviera||Lyon - Aix-en-Provence - Monaco - French Riviera (2 Nights): Follow the Rhone Valley south, enjoying some free time in Aix-en-Provence for a delicious lunch and the sweet flavours of Calissons, then stop in the glamourous Principality of Monaco bound for the sun-kissed shores of the French Riviera. View the Palace, which has been the home of the Grimaldis since the 13th century, and the cathedral where the late Princess Grace and Prince Rainier were married. This evening, we enjoy a delicious Regional Meal together in Monaco before arriving at our hotel, where we'll spend the next two nights.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Montaigne & Spa
|Day 5||French Riviera||French Riviera Free Day: Walk in the footsteps of the world's big stars, strolling along the stylish streets of Cannes on this day at leisure in the French Riviera. See the famous Palais des Festivals at the end of La Croisette, relax on the beach with the beautiful people, or visit the delightful hilltop town of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, a favourite haunt of the rich and famous.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Avignon||French Riviera - St. Tropez - Arles - Avignon (2 Nights): We arrive by boat in glitzy St. Tropez for a leisurely morning sojourn to soak up our fashionable surrounds. Continue to Arles, to admire the Romanesque Cathedral and Roman amphitheatre, once the site of bloody battles and exhilarating chariot races. Tread in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh with your Local Specialist, exploring the heritage of a city that was once an important Phoenician trading port. We arrive in the ancient city of Avignon, once the Seat of the Papacy, where we will spend the next two nights. Our orientation of this extraordinary historic city includes views of the imposing Palace of the Popes and the famous ruined bridge straddling the Rhone, which inspired the famous French song, Sur le pont d'Avignon.Buffet Breakfast|
Mercure Pont d'Avignon
|Day 7||Avignon||Pont du Gard Excursion and Avignon Free Time: We cross the impressive Pont du Gard aqueduct in the company of a Local Specialist and learn about the history of this elevated architectural wonder that has spanned the Gardon River since Roman times. We return to Avignon for lunch and some time at leisure. Tonight, we enjoy delicious Provencal flavours as we 'Connect With Locals' and join the widow of Pierre Salinger for a memorable Be My Guest meal in a converted historic mill on the banks of the Sorgue. Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
|Day 8||Paris||Avignon - TGV Train - Paris Free Time: The picture-perfect French countryside is our constant companion as we take the high-speed TGV train through the heart of France, past Auxerre and the sprawling vineyards of Burgundy back to Paris where you have the rest of the afternoon to explore the city on your own terms. This evening we celebrate an unforgettable sojourn through France at a Farewell Dinner with our Travel Director and newfound friends.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Paris||Depart Paris: This morning after breakfast, it's time to bid Paris a fond au revoir as our fascinating journey through France comes to an end. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- ? International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class